Fedora Artwork

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 17:15:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 17:09 +0530, Rahul wrote:
> Bill Nottingham wrote:
>
> > Of course the process isn't clear. There isn't one!
> >
> > That being said, we should probably have one. Here's a strawman.
> >
> > 1) The default artwork must be locked at the feature freeze, modulo
> >    bugfixes. Fixing an icon or two's orientation is a bugfix. Changing
> >    the theme or icon set is not.
> >
> >    Rationale: At that point, people start making screenshots, install
> >    guides, release notes, etc. In fact, I believe there are FC6 documents
> >    already mostly frozen.
>
> FC6 specific documents? We dont really have any besides the release
> notes.

Um, the Installation Guide is one.  Having worked on that all last
weekend, I can tell you it's FC6 specific. :-)  But like our other
documents, it only undergoes a temporary freeze for our translators'
sake for a short period before publication.  Then it's open for business
again.  Any artwork changes can be screenshotted into the new one.