Re: Via VT8237A kernel support

Alan Cox wrote:
On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 09:26:19AM -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:
found on certain new motherboards, have not been applied (or acked or nacked or anything else).

PATA:  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ide&m=115513979609546&w=2

This one is in -mm (and has been supported by the new libata PATA code for
a couple of months). It ought to be in 2.6.18 final, I'll make sure it gets
pushed if it hasn't already. If it didn't its an oversight.

SATA:  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-ide&m=115552504713314&w=2

I know for a fact the the SATA patch works; I wrote it and I've been using it for weeks. I've read the PATA patch works, too, but I haven't

The 0x0591 identifer is in 2.6.18-rc4-mm2 so again presumably should get
pushed.

I don't want to waste anyone's time by filing a Fedora bugzilla that will never be implemented, so if I do, what are the prospects for

Actually I have a tracking bug in bugzilla for a couple of ide bits already

Alan

Thank you VERY much for this information.  Great news indeed for those
of us who own the 8237a.

I've not heard a peep as a result of my patch submittal. Is there another kernel mailing list I should be watching on which I'd have seen the patch applied? (I watch -ide, -scsi, and netdev.)