Re: Fedora Artwork

On 8/30/06, Bill Nottingham <notting redhat com> wrote:
Paul W. Frields (stickster gmail com) said:
> > > 1) The default artwork must be locked at the feature freeze, modulo
> > >    bugfixes. Fixing an icon or two's orientation is a bugfix. Changing
> > >    the theme or icon set is not.
> > >
> > >    Rationale: At that point, people start making screenshots, install
> > >    guides, release notes, etc. In fact, I believe there are FC6 documents
> > >    already mostly frozen.
> >
> > FC6 specific documents? We dont really have any besides the release
> > notes.
>
> Um, the Installation Guide is one.  Having worked on that all last
> weekend, I can tell you it's FC6 specific. :-)  But like our other
> documents, it only undergoes a temporary freeze for our translators'
> sake for a short period before publication.  Then it's open for business
> again.  Any artwork changes can be screenshotted into the new one.

Ah, I misread. I'm still leery about changing this after the feature
freeze.

I agree. I would prefer to see a good first impression with a
fulfilled working icon set than one that hasn't been baked for a
couple of months testing. From what I have been told from Apple
people.. icons and other things are slushed well before other features
so that a lot of usability testing can be done right. I think that for
FC7 this is one thing that should be tracked in the schedule.