Fedora Artwork

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 23:14:50 UTC 2006

On 8/30/06, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree. I would prefer to see a good first impression with a
> fulfilled working icon set than one that hasn't been baked for a
> couple of months testing. From what I have been told from Apple
> people.. icons and other things are slushed well before other features
> so that a lot of usability testing can be done right. I think that for
> FC7 this is one thing that should be tracked in the schedule.

I'd say something more strongly, that the icon set collection needs to
be nearly together before the official fc7 testing phase starts.  This
is something that interested people who care about artwork touch and
feel should be fighting over between fc6 release date so that by the
time fc7 testing starts the back and forth opinion mongering phase
will be over and we can focus on technical specifics. I LOATHE
watching the recursive nature of arguments of style.  The style
template needs to be set in stone before fc7 opens for testing so that
we can focus on more quantitative qualities of icon usage.

-jef"goes back to designing well endowed childen's book characters in
inkscape"spaleta