readonly-root with a non-readonly-root

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit currently gets the relies on getting $READONLY from /etc/sysconfig/readonly-root. It uses this to determine whether or not to call /etc/rc.readonly and whether or not to remount the root filesystem in read-write mode.

In some instances (think flash based filesystem), it would be desireable to run the rc.readonly script (we don't want to burn up the flash), but still have the root filesystem in read-write mode (we still want to be able to do some filesystem editing). Maybe rc.sysinit could check two separate variables to control this?

$EXEC_RC_READONLY or whatever you would want to call it, could be used by rc.sysinit to determine whether or not to exec rc.readonly. And $READONLY could still be used to determine whether or not to remount root read-write.

Thoughts?

Cheers...Paul...

--
---

Paul B Schroeder <pschroeder "at" uplogix "dot" com>