My favorite pet bug (2004): Yum mishandles Ctrl-C

Hello all,

This bug has been originally reported against yum/FC3 by Rahul Sundaram
and continues to thrive...
In essence, once yum begins to download files, it misinterprets Ctrl-C
as "Mirror switch" instead of "Cancel", leaving the user no direct way
to halt yum.
(I usually suspend yum [Ctrl-Z] and then kill it using "killall -9 yum"
which is -far- from being an ideal solution).

Any chance of getting this fixed before FC6?

Gilboa