Re: My favorite pet bug (2004): Yum mishandles Ctrl-C

seth vidal wrote:
On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 16:42 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
Le Jeu 31 août 2006 16:31, Rahul a écrit :
seth vidal wrote:

Outside of downloading files you should be able to cancel yum at any
time in recent cvs pulls.
Users usually want to cancel it only during downloads because the
mirrors or down or they are on a slow connections and things like that.
The other slow part is the rpm transaction, and most users are not mad
enough to cancel it.

cancelling during the transaction is a bad, bad idea.

-sv

How about when yum seg faults and leaves the rpm db a "messed up" state and you try yum again and it just hangs or loops?
Yes, killall -9 yum works.
I guess the real problem is the seg faults or whatever other reasons yum needs to be kill.

Richard