Re: openmotif to be removed from Fedora October 2, 2006

Jindrich Novy wrote:
On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 13:27 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
Joachim Frieben wrote:
The "tetex-xdvi" package is missing from the list below. Of course, building
against "Openmotif" has always been optional. One would have to revert to
the "X/Athena" widget based interface in order to keep it in "core".
I suppose, moving "tetex" (or its successor) to "extras" was not part of the
agenda ...
In the longer term I would very much like to move libXaw (and Xaw3d) to extras as well.

So I hope teTeX will be in Extras as well in that time, because the only
remaining Athena - libXaw alternative: neXtaw is not in Core but in
Extras already.

That would be a prerequisite for removing Xaw from Core, yes. I admit unfamiliarity with the TeX stack; is there a viable gtk replacement for teTeX?

- ajax