Re: openmotif to be removed from Fedora October 2, 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 13:55 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> Jindrich Novy wrote:
> >> In the longer term I would very much like to move libXaw (and Xaw3d) to
> >> extras as well.
> >
> > So I hope teTeX will be in Extras as well in that time, because the only
> > remaining Athena - libXaw alternative: neXtaw is not in Core but in
> > Extras already.
>
> That would be a prerequisite for removing Xaw from Core, yes.  I admit
> unfamiliarity with the TeX stack; is there a viable gtk replacement for
> teTeX?

The only GTK+ xdvi alternative I'm aware of is gtkdvi:
http://www.nada.kth.se/~johannes/gtkdvi/

But I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully it could solve the openmotif/Xaw
dependency hell in teTeX, so that libXaw could be moved to Extras as
well.

Jindrich
--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy redhat com>, http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/