Re: My favorite pet bug (2004): Yum mishandles Ctrl-C

Matthew Miller wrote:
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 01:32:05PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
transaction != atomic transaction.
Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for package delivery.

And, bizarrely, be prepared to end up with duplicate packages if there's a
shipping problem.

and if you are not there to take delivery we will just dump it on your driveway and you will have to spread it on your garden yourself. (wink)

But seriously, without being too pedantic about it, "atomic transaction" could be considered redundant. In database terms, a "transaction" can be applied or rolled back and the integrity of the database is preserved in either case. The smaller the "transaction" size the easier it is to preserve the database integrity.

Aw, never mind. We can just use that script on the yum hints page in the wiki.

Richard