wpa and fc6/7

Yuan Yijun bbbush.yuan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:36:18 UTC 2006

2006/12/4, Mike Cohler <mike.cohler at gmail.com>:
> Can anyone tell me what the status of wpa_supplicant development is?
> I tried to change over from WEP to WPA in fc6 and hit a brick wall.
>
> >From postings all over the net it seems that the vast majority of
> people who try to get wpa going come across problems and struggle to
> get anything working properly. The support for different hardware
> seems erratic and largely undocumented.
>
> It appears to me that there is a need for some development as well as
> some decent documentation to help people with this issue.
>
> What do others think?

Either use wpa_supplicant from atrpms repo and don't use
NetworkManager, use iwconfig instead: please search in atrpms
bugzilla; or uninstall atrpms' version, use core version instead,
together with NM.

Running NetworkManager in the foreground will greatly help.. The
console output is quite clean and easy to understand.. I was just
biten so I found that.

--
bbbush ^_^