CPU Frequency Scaling

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Dec 4 21:48:41 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, David Zeuthen <david at fubar.dk> said:
> Making e.g. g-p-m run when no-one is logged in solves a *bunch* of other
> problems; sorry if granting you these capabilities (that you didn't have
> earlier btw) as a system administrator causes you so much pain, e.g.
> that you can't hand-edit a bloody file in /etc using vi or emacs (but
> you will be able to run command tools as I mentioned in the other mail
> to tweak things).

Plain text config files are nice for system administration.  They can be
versioned with CVS (and others), they can be self documenting with
comments, and they can even be edited on another system if necessary.
Tools like sed and perl can make mass changes, grep can find arbitrary
things, etc.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>