Warning: kernel-2.6.19-1.2877.fc7 unbootable on Itanium systems (IA-64 architecture)

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Mon Dec 18 15:34:02 UTC 2006

Dave Jones wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 11:52:30AM -0600, Tom Brinkman wrote:

<snip>

>  > >
>  >     It panics, unable to mount on i386 without any LVM too. Asus
>  > A7V600, kt600 chipset, both pata an sata drives.  My / is on hd0,0
>  > an IDE pata drive.  The sata (all storage) appears to be found
>  > before the kernel panics on IDE.  All drives (2 pata, 1 sata) are
>  > ext3.
>
> Hmm, I just managed to reproduce this on a similar box.
> Rerunning mkinitrd wasn't the answer though. The problem was that
> there were a ton of SELinux denials.
>
> Can you try..
>
> setenforce 0
> mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.19-1.2877.fc7.img 2.6.19-1.2877.fc7
>
> 		Dave

Doesn't work for me on a system with mixed SATA and traditional IDE.
Root is on a software raid device.  Using LABEL references vice actual
/dev names.  Same panic as others are reporting.  Booted older working
kernel and reran mkinitrd forcing use of raid modules; however, even tho
raid devices seen, same panic.

Looked for a BZ but don't see one.  Wouldn't one be filed under mkinitrd?

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)