Move Evolution to Extras?

Steven Bakker sb at monkey-mind.net
Thu Dec 28 08:11:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 00:20:10 -0500 (EST)
"Dimi Paun" <dimi at lattica.com> wrote:

> However, there are a couple of things that make Thunderbird not useful
> to me (due to the fact that I need to use it to comment on code):
>   1. The ability to select the portion that you want to reply to.
>      For large patches, this is priceless, I don't want to have a huge
>      reply that I have to trim to a few relevant lines.
>   2. More importantly, I need to be able to disable line wrapping,
>      which doesn't seem possible in Thunderbird.

3. It only allows the user to set an automatic "Bcc" on composed
messages, not a "Cc".

For me, "3" was the reason to stick with Evo for so long.

Haven't had too much trouble sending mail with Evo, but checking new
mail is not always working (I only have IMAP folders) and it
frequently hangs when I try to close it. This happens so often that I
aliased "killev='evolution --force-shutdown'" :-/

Right now, I'm writing this from Sylpheed-Claws (Claws-Mail in
development), which has improved a lot since I tried it last. It does
not have the three limitations mentioned above, and the default composer
has a very nice ruler at the top so I can always see how long my lines
are :-)

It doesn't compose HTML, but there is a plugin to view HTML.

Cheers,
Steven