Logged out from X during yum update

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 12:27:41 UTC 2006

I am installing FC-6 onto a brand new server (HP ProLiant ML 350 G5);
my usual PXE+HTTP installation went just fine.

However, during the first update, I was logged out from X and returned
to the gdm screen.

The last package I can see in /var/log/yum.log is
selinux-policy-targeted.noarch 2.4.5-3.fc6

Now "yum update" fails becuase python-devel confilcts with python <
2.4.4-1.fc6, but I am able to fix this by "yum remove python-2.4.4"
before doing the new "yum update".

Please also note this happened twice, the former being when I
installed the i386 arch while waiting the download of the X86_64 DVD.

Does anyone else saw this?