EASY FEDORA

David Lara dlara at fls-es.com
Fri Dec 1 13:22:34 UTC 2006

El Fri, 1 Dec 2006 04:22:23 -0800 (PST)
"Frank S." <franklinux392 at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Why don't you create an easy ferdora like (easy ubuntu)or a fedora
> mint (linux mint) for people new to linux. please do not get me wrong
> I love Fedora but to make it usable is a lot of work and I would
> never recomed to a friend because I would slave myself to his dektop.
> people NEED a dirty Fedora as you would call it. they will call it a
> usable OS. thank you so very much for your hard work!!

Fedora is usable for me out-of-the-box. I can listen my music (Vorbis)
and watch my videos (Theora) without need to touch anything.

Slave to desktop ? Sorry ?

Oh, are you talking about people using propietary software like Adobe
Flash, slaved to x86 machines and operating systems that are in Adobe
whitelist (if you use BSD you are not allowed to use Flash, read the
Flash EULA) ?

People needs to take care about the problem of closed source programs
and formats that make restrictions. Perhaps, some day Adobe will put
(for example) x86-32 bits systems on Flash blacklist. Must Fedora
ship Flash and support this software ? Or is better to promote
(coding, testing, translate) free alternatives like Gnash ?

The same with MP3, MOV, etc...

Btw, you can install this software without problems. This process is
well documented in WWW. Or use other distributions that don't care
about this things. Remeber what is Fedora: "It's the best combination
of robust and latest software that exists in the free software world".
Nothing more, nothing less :)