Easy Fedora 2

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 22:57:38 UTC 2006

On 12/2/06, Frank S. <franklinux392 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi
> No i'm not talking about a Nvidia or flash.
> in my case, my only option for internet acces is wi-fi  802.11 how am I
> suppose to get madwifi or ndiswrap??
> and what would you call the "clean Fedora" after installing this drivers to
> get
> my wifi 802.11 to work?
> and the same goes for winmodems.
> plus everybody installs all this Dirty softwar, what i'm asking is just to
> make it easyer to get it and install it, like an extra cd with all the
> warnings.
> I understand your crusade and applaud your determination  that is very nobel
> from your side,  but please have mercy on the user

1) Fedora is in it for the pricinple of the matter
2) Fedora is sponsored by an American company, and is based in America
where laws apperently forbid a lot of things that would make things
easier on the user
3) from 2, if you're an American, right your representative and complain
4) If you're not an american, get some people together and derive a
distro from Fedora, should be much work as all you will be chaning is
adding the "dirty" stuff
5) remember, Fedora as a community want you as a user, but there are
things that the community just isn't prepared to do to keep you (for
better or worse)

Peace.

Oh yah, frankly I think all this legal stuff sucks balls and that all
distros should just ignore it all, but that's just not how stuff works
for now.
--
Fedora Core 6 and proud