Easy Fedora 2

Arjan van de Ven arjan at fenrus.demon.nl
Sat Dec 2 07:59:51 UTC 2006

> in my case, my only option for internet acces is wi-fi  802.11 how am
> I suppose to get madwifi or ndiswrap??

madwifi is reverse engineered for a while now, and recently the Software
Freedom Law Center lawyers have judged that as being done ok; so expect
to see a real free driver for that hardware soon, and once it exists I'm
sure it'll be in fedora proper

> and the same goes for winmodems.

for winmodems there is a legal solution at least; just use the alsa
sound driver + the userspace daemon that "whistles" modem noises into
the "sound card".

but I pitty everyone who still needs to use a modem. It's... painful.