on the Easy Fedora 2 issue

Ahm ed zrchrn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 17:27:26 UTC 2006

There are two packges that are planned for Fedora, Im sure you have heard by
now, pungi and pilgrim. These two will allow you to re-spin the Fedora
install cds into another install cd(s), in the case of pungi or a live cd,
in the case of pilgrim. From what I understand if you are simply using
packages from the default fedora repos, you CAN keep the fedora logo. IF you
are adding non-free packages or even free packages that are NOT from the
default Fedora repos, then you must rebrand. I suspect these tools will help
you do this re-branding, though I am not sure (it would be a good idea
anyways, since it keeps people from have the excuse that they didn't know
how to rebrand the distro). In this way you can build your on distro, with
minimal fuss. Simply grab the neccessary packages from their appropriate
repos(or build them) and then build the cd. you can then give that cd to
your "new-to-linux" friends. You can then call in easy linux or something,
and brand it really quick with something of your choosing. This way your
friend doesn't have to worry about things "not-working", you don't have to
be a "slave to his desktop" and nobody can say that fedora violated it's own
principals. Alternatively, you can give him the default fedora cds with the
fedorafrog script which will add all the non-free stuff he would need. I
hope this helps

~Ahmed