Yum Question

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Dec 2 21:33:39 UTC 2006

I want to configure yum to only retrieve kernels from a particular
repository--and none other--because I want to insure my installed
kernels always provide a certain module not provided by Fedora itself.
Reading the yum.conf man page suggests to me that putting:

kernelpkgnames=kernel-*spk

in the relevant [repo-name].repo file/stanza might accomplish this.
However, the man page also says, "This is really only here for the
updating of kernel packages and should be removed out in the yum 2.1
series." --

Is this correct? Is there some other way to insure kernels only come
from a particular repo?

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

Janina Sajka				Phone: +1.202.595.7777

Marketing the Owasys 22C talking screenless cell phone in the U.S. and Canada--Go to http://ScreenlessPhone.Com to learn more.