CPU Frequency Scaling

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 15:06:43 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 14:14 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 22:03 -0500, Jon Nettleton wrote:
> > The kernel has had the scaling governor modules for a while now and I
> > am
> > not sure why Fedora is still relying on the cpuspeed daemon by
> > default.
> > If anyone in the know could answer that question I would appreciate
> > it.
>
> The latest version of gnome-power-manager allows you to control the cpu
> frequency on the desktop without poking around in /etc setting stuff
> setuid or starting services. If you install the latest 2.17.x version,
> and a fairly new HAL, I would appreciate the feedback on how easy it is
> to use.

Thanks I will take a look.  I still think that we need a /etc interface
to enable a governor without a user being logged in.  I love the work
that is being done to put the control into userspace.  However, more and
more we are losing the ability to setup these controls automatically on
boot, without having a user logged in.

Jon