Hibernate on FC-6 (partly) fails

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 07:41:13 UTC 2006

Sorry for the cross posting (I can't really decide which list was better...)

I'm seeing this regression (compared to FC-5, where it used to work
fine) on the hibernate function with this laptop, an ASUS M6Ne
(Centrino 1.7Ghz, 512Mb RAM, ATI mobility radeon 9700, _not_ using any
proprietary kernel modules)

Basically, the hibernate procedure go as far as the "shutting down
hda" message, then fails to turn off power.

I am forced to turn it off manually. Otherwise the operation seems working.

Anyone else with similar symptoms?

Moreover, I saw from time to time a screen of kernel error messages (
a stack trace ?) on the consule during wake up operation, but I am not
sure if this was generated during hibernation.
I will try to find a pattern for this and eventually post agina more details.

Cheers

Gianluca