CPU Frequency Scaling

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Dec 5 08:25:05 UTC 2006

Le Lun 4 décembre 2006 19:34, David Zeuthen a écrit :
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 19:12 +0100, Olivier Galibert wrote:
> Please do stop thinking that the "openoffice gnome
>> desktop" user is the only worthwhile one.  Especially since he often
>> isn't the one doing the linux installation in the first place.
>
> I was, in fact, arguing for remote admin capabilities. Did you read my
> mail at all?

People want/need access to the configuration backend with simple robust
CLI tools such as vi. Which shoudln't forbid XML or gconf use (we do
require packagers to edit raw comps.xml.in for example) except the gconf
guys forgot long ago they were supposed to produce human-editable XML and
specialize in machine-oriented/obfuscated XML serialization.

Which is a pity, because xslt is way more powerful and safe than
diff/patch for admin scripting, but that requires discoverable file
structure in the first place.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot