CPU Frequency Scaling

Thomas M Steenholdt tmus at tmus.dk
Tue Dec 5 10:14:00 UTC 2006

Rui Tiago Cação Matos wrote:
> I understand that people are generally afraid of changes to working
> habits etc, but we can't stop at Linux is a good UNIX clone. We must
> evolve and search new possibilities, not being afraid to change 30 year
> old paradigms if needed. IMHO we (free software comunity) do need more
> integrated host and network level configurability at various levels:
> networking, power management, users, etc. I think the work being done by
> David Zeuthen and others is well headed it that direction and badly
> needed.

The old way of "Keeping It Simple" is powerful. Hand-editable
configuration files have worked great in the past and continues to do
so. Why would we want a new way of doing the same thing in a much more
complex way?

We should probably try to extend the old ways, rather than replacing
them altogether.

/Thomas