Call for help with packagaging games for fedora-extras

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 08:13:06 UTC 2006

Hello to you!

First of all i want you to know the following facts:

1. there are people dedicated to games packaging but those people
maintain a really huge number of packages.

2. there are lots of very interesting games, even 3d games that are
not part of extras yet

So this is why I write this email. We need more people dedicated to
package games. Especially initial packaging of games takes alot work
usually for various reasons.

If anyone is interested to maintain some of the next generation games
in extras you can either:

a) look at the games sig on the fedora wiki
b) contact me as i have various things initially packaged but not
ready for extras inclusion also a lack of time to really maintain the
packages in extras because i am too often on the road... but still
sometimes spare time to invest into building initial packages
b) look around for a yet unknown/unpackaged open source game

What i have ready e.g. would be warzone2100, vdrift (vdrift.net) and a
few others, so if youd like to take those i can send you a halfway
finished spec file.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl