Call for help with packagaging games for fedora-extras

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Dec 13 09:21:40 UTC 2006

Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> 2006/12/13, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>:
>> Rudolf Kastl wrote:
>>
>> > Thats exactly my problem. Sometimes i have chunks of time to invest
>> > into work and i usually invest it with upstream work so the stuff is
>> > working on fedora and is packageable.
>> > For maintaining those packages in my eyes id have to have frequent
>> > time so i can make sure its possible to upgrade it as soon as there is
>> > a new version.
>> > Id be willing to help and/or comaintain the packages for sure but what
>> > i cant garantud is that i wont be on the road and i will have inet at
>> > all.
>>
>> What you can do here is copy the spec files and refer to them from the
>> extras wish list and games pages so they are publicly accessible for
>> anyone who wants to get started with packaging those games. I am sure
>> you are not the only one sitting on some spec files for various reasons.
>
> maybe it would be discussable to have a kinda "upload possibility" for
> spec files one has hanging around locally. this way it would be easier
> to collect those.
>
> what do you think?

Sure. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList. The wiki has
the ability to upload files. We already link submitted reviews in the
wishlist for reference. You can do something similar for spec files or
create e dedicated section. Link all the uploaded spec files there and
anyone interested can use those.

Rahul