Call for help with packagaging games for fedora-extras

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 09:54:35 UTC 2006

2006/12/13, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de>:
> On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 10:36 +0100, Rudolf Kastl wrote:

> > > Sure. See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/WishList. The wiki has
> > > the ability to upload files. We already link submitted reviews in the
> > > wishlist for reference. You can do something similar for spec files or
> > > create e dedicated section. Link all the uploaded spec files there and
> > > anyone interested can use those.
> > >
> > > Rahul
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> > going to work on a dedicated page for uploading spec files that can be
> > used by future maintainers.
> >
> > what it doesent solve yet though is the missing manpower that is
> > required to help out the currently active game packagers.
>
> IMO, the only way that works is somebody seriously interested in a
> package to submit it and guide it through a review. Anything else is
> "hot air" and more or less irrelevant.
>
> Or to put it differently: I guess you (Rudolf) are aware how your
> request sounds to active packagers?
>
> Ralf

Well if you take it as offensive or whining etc alright. Actually its
not me that has a huge burden of packages to actively maintain and
also its not me that has a problem with getting things packaged and
deployed on my box.

Everyone who knows me is aware that i did over 100 packages for a few
years on newrpms. theres just a point where you dont have 16 hours a
day to dedicate to packaging and/or see other more important things
like doing upstream work etc.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl