Call for help with packagaging games for fedora-extras

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Wed Dec 13 11:40:35 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 11:49 +0100, Rudolf Kastl wrote:
> 2006/12/13, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de>:

> > Or to put it differently: I guess you (Rudolf) are aware how your
> > request sounds to active packagers?
>
> already answered. i guess you know how that sounds to someone doing
> lots of upstream work.
Well, then I once again can't avoid being very direct: You are looking
for packaging-monkeys to package up and clean up your "semi-functional"
pieces.

Though taking such role might be interesting to some people, it isn't
for me - and you (!), otherwise you've already done it.

Also, why would you walking your "semi-functional" packages through a
formal review, be a waste of time? It isn't, it is a formalized way to
bring this "semi-functional" specs into shape - it's a kind of
development process - In the end, all ends, Fedora, you (nrpms) and
upstream would profit from it - The only difference to you would be
having to collaborate with others.

Ralf