Removable of manual display configuration on first boot (FC6)

Chris Lumens clumens at redhat.com
Thu Dec 14 15:29:23 UTC 2006

> I think the answer is that Xorg is moving into the direction of getting
> things working properly by default by instead of having the user fiddle
> with settings. The Xorg auto configuration mechanism in FC6 works better
> and usually gets things right. If there are problems file bug reports
> and help fix the issue rather than workaround it with configuration
> tools and files manually. For Xorg 7.3, the plan is to use HAL and DBus
> to enhance this further. Also see http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XInFC7

Yes, this is exactly right.  We need to be improving autoconfiguration
instead of relying on that display module more.  If anyone is having
problems with the autoconfig results, please file bugs about it.  This
stuff is still a little rough around the edges, particularly in the
kickstart case (yet another thing on my todo list...)

- Chris