Warning: kernel-2.6.19-1.2877.fc7 unbootable on Itanium systems (IA-64 architecture)

pea510 at aol.de pea510 at aol.de
Sat Dec 16 20:03:34 UTC 2006

Check the size of your "inird" file. I you hadn't updated "mkinitrd" to the current version before installing the new "2.1.19" kernel, chances are high that it is corrupted. It's size then is much smaller than of that created for the older kernel.
You might try to boot with the old kernel, update "mkinitrd" and reinstall the new kernel package. In my case this procedure was successful.