[BUG] FC5/FC6 does not support ATI SB600 SATA

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Dec 21 15:59:06 UTC 2006

Conke Hu <conke.hu <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Now the root cause is found and patch created. My question is, is it
> still possible to merge the patch to FC5/FC6 kernel (since the final
> release comes out)?

Yes. This is not Debian stable. ;-)

However (in case you or whoever wrote the patch didn't do that yet), you are
supposed to send the patch upstream first, and once it gets accepted upstream,
you can file a bug requesting a backport. In the particular case of the kernel,
however, the easiest way to get your patch in is probably to ask for inclusion
in the upstream stable branches (currently 2.6.18.x and 2.6.19.x), so it will
get into Fedora as soon as Dave Jones pulls a new upstream release from that
branch (and he does regularly - Fedora even gets updates like 2.6.18->2.6.19,
however in this case 2.6.19 is apparently pretty disruptive, so it's still on
2.6.18.x for now).

        Kevin Kofler