New device drivers don't see beyond 15 partitions in fc7

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Thu Dec 21 22:57:31 UTC 2006

Hello,

With the change from traditional /dev/hd* type device nodes to /dev/sd*
type nodes, I see that the highest partition number that can be used is
15.  Will this change so that higher numbers will be available?  I do
have a system that has a drive with almost 30 small partitions used in a
research effort and the number of partitions has not been an issue thru fc6.

--
Regards,

Old Fart
(my reply-to address is "munged" to defeat spambots)