LVM not fit for Fedora Core

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 18:01:29 UTC 2006

On 12/22/06, John Reiser <jreiser at bitwagon.com> wrote:
> Gilboa Davara wrote:

> >>I've been there, done that, and regretted it deeply.
> >>I got rid of LVM the first chance I could.
> >>
> >>LVM does not inter-operate with anything else.
> >>Grub does not work under LVM.
> >

> > Why should it?
>
> Why shouldn't it?  LVM is touted as "the solution" to restrictions
> on disk partitioning.  Except that LVM doesn't work for the first
> logical access to disk partitions: booting.

Ok I am going to call cranky old man not wanting to learn new tricks.
Its different, its new, and it makes me think about ways that I havent
ever before... therefore its bad. The only people I have heard LVM
touted as "THE" solution.. are people who don't like LVM. If there are
people who tout it as "THE" solution for everything should be
ignored.. getting them in your gander is a waste of energy and time.