LVM not fit for Fedora Core

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Sun Dec 24 18:46:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 11:01:29AM -0700, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Ok I am going to call cranky old man not wanting to learn new tricks.
> Its different, its new, and it makes me think about ways that I havent
> ever before... therefore its bad. The only people I have heard LVM
> touted as "THE" solution.. are people who don't like LVM. If there are
> people who tout it as "THE" solution for everything should be
> ignored.. getting them in your gander is a waste of energy and time.

I'm having difficulty determining if there is any sarcasm here.  I
don't understand your last sentence above at all.  What are you
saying?

If you don't like new tricks, then you shouldn't be using Fedora.
Fedora is all about bleeding edge, pushing the envelope, trying new
technologies.

All the tools to rescue a system are there on the rescue disk, either
with or without LVM.  Is there a lack of documentation about LVM on
the rescue disk?  Perhaps.  Isn't the same true about fdisk, parted,
fsck, etc?

You still have the ability to install a system without LVM.