ESR "fedora-submit"

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 20:38:24 UTC 2006

On 12/24/06, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> wrote:
> http://www.catb.org/~esr/fedora-submit/
> "fedora-submit will be a command-line tool that ships RPMs to the Fedora
> project for inclusion in their repository. It will ship with a future
> release of Fedora Core."
>
> No it will not.
>
> "Warren Togami
>      Fedora project honcho. Has backed this concept."
>
> I am not the "honcho", and I have never supported your crack-filled ideas.
>
> Dear ESR,
>
> Nobody in the Fedora Project has endorsed your fedora-submit tool.  We
> have stated on multiple occasions that your reasons for fedora-submit
> *COMPLETELY MISS THE POINT*.  By the existence of this page with its
> stated falsehoods you potentially confuse the community into thinking
> that we support your idea.
>
> Please delete this page, or at least remove the false statements.

Was this email and the rest of the replies really necessary to a
public list? Calling out Eric Raymond on a public list is like
shooting fish in a barrel with peppershot, you are going to get a
response and in the end it will smell pretty bad. A set of private
emails would have been a better channel, and if they didn't get what
you want a comment to the Fedora Advisory Board and on a web-page that
the data was not-accurate would have been ok.