ESR "fedora-submit"

Josh Boyer jwboyer at jdub.homelinux.org
Tue Dec 26 19:33:23 UTC 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 04:48:51PM -0500, Warren Togami wrote:
> Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> >
> >Was this email and the rest of the replies really necessary to a
> >public list? Calling out Eric Raymond on a public list is like
> >shooting fish in a barrel with peppershot, you are going to get a
> >response and in the end it will smell pretty bad. A set of private
> >emails would have been a better channel, and if they didn't get what
> >you want a comment to the Fedora Advisory Board and on a web-page that
> >the data was not-accurate would have been ok.
> >

> You are correct.  It was not the best idea to complain about this in
> public.  I apologize for unnecessarily sparking this flamewar here.

It hasn't resulted in all badness.  Eric has at least said he'd go off and
evaluate the current process to see if he can write tools to script some
things.  One that will need to be able to adapt to policy changes and
possible future technical adaptations.

If that results in a tool for others to use, great.  If not, well
at least it was an entertaining read.

josh