Move Evolution to Extras? / Annoying "ability" to select the portion that you want to reply

Daniel Yek dyek at real.com
Fri Dec 29 00:37:36 UTC 2006

At 09:20 PM 12/27/2006, Dimi Paun wrote:
>However, there are a couple of things that make Thunderbird not useful
>to me (due to the fact that I need to use it to comment on code):
>   1. The ability to select the portion that you want to reply to.

Personally, this is one of the most annoying feature added to Evolution.
When I read my email, I habitually highlight words, indicating where I was
reading. When I'm done reading, I hit reply, and gosh, I got some
incomplete words in the email body. So, I have to repeatedly cancel the
reply message window, highlight some text, then it will proceed to the next
stage of highlighting the whole line, then I could remove the highlight in
such a way that the reply message body is complete, not empty. If there is
an option to optionally disable this feature, I would then not be annoyed
so much.

(I apologize if my expression is a bit too strong somehow...)

--
Daniel Yek