Move Evolution to Extras?

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 29 17:50:55 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 08:48 -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-12-28 at 13:48 +0000, Leo wrote:
> >
> > Evolution is useless for most users now.
>
> I think that you over-generalize.  I find it quite useful.  I'm sure
> that there are many other people that find it useful.  Sure it has a few
> warts, but name me a piece of software that doesn't.
>
> > Not much has changed in the past few years.
>
> I disagree.
>
> > I used to keep it around but since I upgrade to Fedora 6, I have removed it completely.
>
> That's the beauty of open source, if you don't like it, use something
> else.
>
> Jeff

Right now Evo has no competition for the functions that it offers.  The
problem with the open source world (and the free world in general) is
that it's possible for a few narcissistic trolls to ruin functionality
for the user population at large.  Sometimes it's by stupidity,
sometimes it's by design.  There is a sizable group out there that
doesn't want an Outlook competitor in the Linux world, cause it eats too
much M$ lunch.

--LX