The cdrecord debate

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Fri Dec 29 20:05:54 UTC 2006

Shortly before FC6 was released we backed down to an older version of
cdrecord because of conflicts between the GPL and the CDDL licenses.
Debian also at that point forked cdrecord into cdrkit and other
alternatives like libburn exist as well. There seemed at that point to
be a concensus that we should stick to cdrecord for FC6 and talk about
replacing it for FC7 since we were already far long into the FC6 cycle.
Don't change horses in the middle of a stream and all that.

So what is the plan here are we going to stick with an old version of
cdrecord or will we be looking for alternatives?

- David Nielsen

--
"Ridicule s the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”