LCD via VGA port

Jane Dogalt jdogalt at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 30 23:15:15 UTC 2006

You seem lost, so I'll attempt to help though nothing I'm about to say
obviously does...

I just upgraded my main system from fc5 to fc6.  I have an nvidia BFG
something or other, with one vga and one dvi port.  I was connected to
two monitors, one big CRT via VGA and one small LCD via VGA.  One of
the VGAs via an adapter to the DVI port.

So I clearly have an fc6 system, an nvidia card, and an LCD with only a
VGA interface.  Thus my reply.

I'm actually in flux, and am giving away the CRT.  I had been in fc5
with the nvidia drivers and using RandR for multihead, which I got to
work after some pains.  Now, I am just using the LCD-VGA, and haven't
yet installed the nvidia driver (using nv).  I did notice, that my CRT
which is still connected displays text garbage.  And I think I did have
to manually add a monitor section to my xorg.conf.

Anyway, if there is a specific question or experiment you would like me
to try, let me know.

Good luck...

-dmc