The cdrecord debate

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 31 14:57:22 UTC 2006

On Saturday 30 December 2006 10:59 pm, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> David Nielsen wrote:
> > lør, 30 12 2006 kl. 23:07 +0530, skrev Rahul Sundaram:
> >>
> >> What do you mean by saying that cdrecord is broken in Fedora?
> >> Do you have bug reports?
> >
> > #220972 just being one case of breaking cdrecord... post
> > release.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?
>
> Rahul

   No. For burning iso's as in the BZ I use,
'cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=16 dev=ATA:1,1,0 -dao'
    (burner an media are 52x)

   Has the reporter tried this as root? Some hardware, particularly
Plextor's can only burn as root.

# cdrecord -checkdrive dev=ATA:1,1,0
   <snip>
scsidev: 'ATA:1,1,0'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: 1 target: 1 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport code version
(schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH '@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c
1.83 04/05/20 Copyright 1997 J. Schilling').
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'PLEXTOR '
Identifikation : 'CD-R   PREMIUM  '
Revision       : '1.05'
   <snip>

--
    Tom Brinkman                        Corpus Christi, Texas