Fedora Core 5 Test 3 Slip

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Feb 7 13:45:07 UTC 2006

> On Mon, 2006-02-06 at 11:57 -0600, Jeffrey C. Ollie wrote:
> >
> > I know that yum/mock/plague doesn't quite fit the bill as a beehive
> > replacement, but it would be nice if RedHat could work with the
> > community to extend yum/mock/plague rather than re-inventing the wheel.
> >
> > I know that one thing that plague could use is a way to easily switch
> > the plague client between two or more plague servers.

This falls under the definition of "sort of" easy...

Setting PLAGUE_CLIENT_CONFIG to the path of whatever plague client
config file you'd like to use should do the trick.  Possible enhancement
would be to have /etc/plague-client.d and ~/.plague-client.d
directories, stick plague files in there, and then have some sort of
short switch to select which one you want.  Kind of like yum
--enable-repo.

So in this case I'd have one xterm for Fedora Extras with the extras
plague config, and another xterm for Legacy (or whatever) with another
plague config listed in the env var above.

Dan