initscripts-8.26-1 breaks old alias interface naming scheme

Tomasz Kłoczko kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl
Thu Feb 9 13:15:21 UTC 2006

Today I discover new initscripts-8.26-1 breaks old network alias
interfaces naming scheme.

In previouse version was powinble name alias interface like eth0:foobar

In current iniscritps in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-aliases is:

       if [[ ! "$DEVNUM" =~ '^[0123456789]*$' ]]; then
              echo $"error in $FILE: invalid alias number" >&2
              return 1
       fi

I think it can break many systems on upgrade to FC5.
After commenting above old initscripts behavior is sill workig
correctly.

kloczek