gnome-power-manager quits unexpectedly

Rowan Kerr rowan at stasis.org
Mon Feb 13 20:37:27 UTC 2006

Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 13/02/06, S Baig <shezanbaig2004 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ** ERROR **: This program cannot start until you start the dbus session
>> daemon
>> This is usually started in X or gnome startup (depending on distro)
>> You can launch the session dbus-daemon manually with this command:
>> eval `dbus-launch --auto-syntax`
>>

>> I cannot find 'dbus-launch' anywhere in my path, but I verified using
>> 'system-config-services' that the messagebus service is running.  Has anyone
>> else had this problem?
>
> Do you have dbus-x11 installed?

I get the same problem persistently since installing from fc5t2 and
upgrading to rawhide. (I just did another update this morning).

dbus-x11 is: dbux-x11-0.60-7.2 and messagebus is set to run on startup.

I get another message about selinux:
** (gnome-power-manager:2347):WARNING **: main: an SELinux policy
prevents this sender from sending this message... (rejected message had
interface "org.freedesktop.DBus" member "Hello" error name "(unset")
destination "org.freedeesktop.DBus")

Is there somewhere I should be resetting my selinux config or what..