Question about Fedora Extras 5

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Feb 2 11:05:32 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote :

> >But I think you're confusing the terms "Extra CDs" and "Fedora Extras",
> >which are two completely different things, although it would definitely be
> >nice to make "Extra CDs/DVDs of Fedora Extras" at some point.
> >
> It expect that it requires a Fedora Extras "release" and a good amount
> of coordination to make this happen. I dont think it is merely a matter
> of lumping together a set of packages into a ISO image

Well, I don't see an Extras "release" as a requirement, as I don't
"release" freshrpms.net either. Just clearly document a set of packages,
create the the meta stuff you needs (.xml, scripts), and you can create a
very useful snapshot at any given time.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) - Linux kernel 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4
Load : 0.26 0.26 0.33