Question about Fedora Extras 5

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 2 11:13:26 UTC 2006

Matthias Saou wrote:

>Rahul Sundaram wrote :
>

>>>But I think you're confusing the terms "Extra CDs" and "Fedora Extras",
>>>which are two completely different things, although it would definitely be
>>>nice to make "Extra CDs/DVDs of Fedora Extras" at some point.
>>>

>>It expect that it requires a Fedora Extras "release" and a good amount
>>of coordination to make this happen. I dont think it is merely a matter
>>of lumping together a set of packages into a ISO image
>>

>Well, I don't see an Extras "release" as a requirement, as I don't
>"release" freshrpms.net either. Just clearly document a set of packages,
>create the the meta stuff you needs (.xml, scripts), and you can create a
>very useful snapshot at any given time.

So is this process documented?  Can it be automated so a Extras ISO
image is created every few weeks or so for example?. During the Fedora
development process many of the packages in Extras seem to remain broken
for a longer time than the ones in core which led to the impression for
me that a release would be required to ensure that the packages work as
expected.

--
Rahul