Question about Fedora Extras 5

n0dalus n0dalus+redhat at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:09:32 UTC 2006

On 2/2/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> So you dont want a respin which already includes the updates but just a
> updated Extra CD  in addition the original GA release?

Yes, just an extra CD with updates in addition to the original
release. I was just hoping that if anybody does work on making this
kind of thing work for 'extras', then maybe it could be provided for
core updates as well. It would be really helpful to a lot of people.

Atleast how I would imagine it is: The installer would ask you to
provide any additional CDs if you need to at the end of the install,
and would update any available packages from the CDs, whether they be
extras or core or third party.

This would be great for security updates, where having a system
connected to the internet for hundreds of MB of updates could leave it
vulnerable for some time.

n0dalus.