rawhide report: 20060202 changes

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 03:26:30 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 17:01:29 +0100
Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl> wrote:

> Instead [of] generat[ing] 41 binary subpackages m17n-db* each with support
> for one language better [to] generate one with correctly used %lang()
> macros in %files list.

The problem is that most people using m17n only need one or two of
its langs installed at most, but not necessarily the ones for which they
want software translations say (and anyway by default all translations
are installed by default nowadays afaict).  If all the input maps in
m17n-db get installed by default, then about 40 languages appear in the
SCIM language selection menu suddenly which is not nice.

Eg I run a Japanese desktop, but also want to be able to input European
languages with m17n-db-latin say: how can I do that without pulling in
all the other langs under your packaging?

Jens