rawhide report: 20060202 changes

Jens Petersen petersen at redhat.com
Fri Feb 3 04:19:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 23:52:02 +0100
Tomasz Kłoczko <kloczek at zie.pg.gda.pl> wrote:

> So why m17n-db not supports *only* that scim-tables not supported
> languages ?

Well in the ideal world yes, and I think will be the tendency in the
long run: when I've finished porting the Indian tables in scim-tables
to m17n-db, I think they can be removed from scim-tables: certainly I
plan to do that for the Fedora package.

> Using m17n-lib without m17n-db do not have sense so packaging this in
> separated binary package also (IMO) do not have sense.

Well it makes sense from the point of view of updates: it makes it
possible to add some input maps to m17n-db or update the version
without forcing people to have to update their m17n-lib packages for no
reason, and vice versa.  I don't see any advantage in merging the
packages together.

Jens