e1000 in rawhide kernel

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 09:04:02 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 13:08 +1300, Michael J Knox wrote:
> I have a 82573E onboard NIC that refuses to obtain a DHCP IP. If its
> statically asigned, I am ok.

Try getting the port you are connected to set to (say) 100 MB FD with no
autonegotiation, and see if that works better.  Some network
switches/NIC combos seem to take for ever to negotiate the link.  Quite
whose fault this is I don't know, although one network equipment
manufacturer seems to be always involved.

	Nigel.